There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." - Magnolia

3.8.10

Trailer: Don't be Afraid of the Dark




So here we have Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) writing and producing with a certain Troy Nixey directing. I've never heard of this director before and it makes sense since it seems he's only written and directed some movie called "Latchkey's Lament" back in 2007. Thankfully, I've grown to trust and love del Toro and his work over the past few years (especially since Pan's Labyrinth) and I hope his influence will proliferate this film like it did with "The Orphanage". Some may find the extremely creepy voice and sound effects in this trailer a bit cheesy....but I thought it was pretty dang chilling. Like if I just happened to be in my basement with the lights off late at night, I would've gotten up and turned on some lights; especially with that ending. GEEZ. That's the last thing I'd want to see as a little kid being afraid of something coming up under my blanket. According to the ever trustworthy IMDB, this is a remake of an old British TV show (or movie?) about a couple that inherits an old mansion. Once they move in though, small demonic creatures begin to try and take the wife into their world. In this remake it seems the couple has a daughter who is the new target of these little monsters. Sounds like a good 'ol classic horror story to me. It makes me even more excited that Guy Pierce (The Proposition, Memento) is playing the husband but only mildly excited that Katie Holmes is playing the wife. Guy Pierce is awesome. Too bad we have to wait till 2011 for this one. Which really isn't that far away I guess seeing as it's 2010 and over halfway through year.....wow, how time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment