There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." - Magnolia

11.10.10

News: Rhys Ifans to be Spider-Man's nemesis

The Guardian
Coming across the grapevine of news from Columbia Pictures today is that Rhys Ifans (Greenberg, Pirate Radio), one of my new favorite actors since his hilarious role in Pirate Radio, is the next villain to go up against Spidey in the reboot starring Andrew Garfield (The Social Network). This whole "reboot" thing is may not make much sense and just seems pointless, but I can't help but be way more excited now that Ifans is in it. Last week Emma Stone (Easy A) was confirmed for the role of Gwen Stacy, the girl vying for Peter Parker's affections along with Mary Jane Watson who has yet to be cast. Now that the villain is cast everyone is talking about which villain it will be. According to people who know much more about the Spider Man comics than I do, it'll probably be Lizard since Columbia's report says that Ifans' character has a complex relationship with Parker. I'm not sure how they came to that conclusion, but like I said, I know nothing.

While there have been many rumors circulating around this film, it's good to know someone awesome (along with Garfield) has joined the crew. I'm not sure if it's a good thing that the director is Marc Webb, the guy who brought us (500) Days of Summer. I liked (500) Days of Summer but it doesn't exactly have the same feel as Spider Man, although maybe a bit on the romance side. I don't know. I'm just curious to see what the Lizard looks like if it does turn out to who Ifans is playing because of this picture and many more like it that popped up on Google search. I'm also still confused about whether or not Parker will be just starting college in this movie or if he's finishing high school? I guess I'll have to wait like 2 years to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment