There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." - Magnolia

14.10.10

What I'm Watching: "Push"

Summit Entertainment
Why I watched it: No particular reason. I guess I'm just a sucker sometimes like so many other people for those movies about people with super-powers. I mean, who isn't? It's basically the only thing this movie has to attract people. Chris Evans (Sunshine, and future Captain America) is a pretty like-able actor and can be cool and Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond) is great at the silent, intimidating black-guy roles. So yeah, not much reasoning behind this one for watching it.

What I thought: Bleh. I almost forgot to write this today even though I watched the movie last night that's how forgettable it is. It tries to have a twisting, turning plot that has a "surprise" ending but by the time it figures stuff out, I really don't care anymore. And why the heck are these people's X-Men-like powers so random? Like these guys that just scream really really loud until you die? What? It's all just a mish mash of obvious attempts to have a smart plot that just gets boring and we don't really care that much about the main characters because we aren't given much cause to. Plus, Dakota Fanning's character is a little, whiny, annoying brat and I just want to kick her.

Should YOU watch it: I doubt it. There's plenty of other movies that are worth the spot in your Netflix cue or torrenting device (BUT YOU'LL GET ARRESTED FOR STEALING!!!). As said before, it's another lame attempt to be something like X-Men, and it sort of ends like there could be a sequel? Bad idea, because I don't know who would be interested in one at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment