There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." - Magnolia

20.6.10

Trailer: Centurion



I've been following this movie for a while and it seems like it's going to get a limited release which is a pity because it looks pretty awesome. It looks like Gladiator but without all the talking parts and just pure blood & guts action and excitement across some cool scenery and being chased by some grisly, menacing bad guys (Including Olga Kurylenko from Quantum of Solace as that woman barbarian with the blue war paint). So far news on this movie makes it sound really entertaining and gruesome. I must admit, I love old Roman war stories like these, especially when they include old Celtic warriors. Plus, Michael Fassbender is the main character in this (the guy shouting "I'm a soldier of Rome!" at the end). For those who don't know, he was in 300 and Inglourious Basterds (the British spy), and also Jonah Hex. The more I realize how many different genres and roles he's done, I realize he's actually a pretty talented guy so I'm excited to see him finally take the lead here. I don't know about you, but I'm excited. (Also, it's a restricted trailer which means a few throats getting cut).

1 comment:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed this movie! It had a very limited run over here a few months ago, and a terrible marketing campaign, so it soon dropped off the map, which is terrible because it is superb and deserved more attention.
    The director neil marshall (Dog Soldiers, The Descent) knows how to do good action set pieces. Great characters. Fassbender is great & is surrounded by a terrific supporting cast. (you should also check out his performance in Hunger(a true story, where he play a hunger striker during the troubles in N. Ireland).

    ReplyDelete