There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." - Magnolia

26.6.10

Trailer: Valhalla Rising


I had no idea this movie existed till today when I saw it over at cinematica and I think it looks creepily awesome. Nicolas Winding Refn, the director, also did Bronson which was an interesting movie, to say the least. Brutal and bizarre, but well done. This gives me hope for Valhalla Rising. Like I've said before, I love movies with old medieval fighting and vikings/barbarians and such, and this one looks really visually stimulating on top of it. The crazy guys with brown mud/paint all over them, various barbarians and more crazy looking people all in dark, rich scenery just looks so exciting. I really doubt this will open anywhere near where I live, but if it does, I'll be there for sure. Anyway, just thought this looked really interesting and crazy....just enough to spark my interest with its cool visuals. 

1 comment:

  1. Have seen this one. The trailer and related publicity is pretty misleading. It comes across as something of an action movie, but this it is not. It is very much an art house movie. The limited action is gory, and it is well made. But it is ponderous, reflective (not quite Terence Mallick territory) but certainly not the movie the trailer presents. Worth a watch and an interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete