There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." - Magnolia

26.6.10

Trailer: Red



I'd read a little tidbit about this movie a while ago but didn't take too much notice. Now that I finally noticed the trailer (that's been out for God knows how long), I'm intrigued. Although Bruce Willis has really done nothing (NOTHING) worth while lately, this could be at least more fun than other movies. First of all, it has a huge cast. Helen Mirren, Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich (looks hilarious as usual), Mary Louise-Parker, Richard Dreyfuss, Brian Cox, and even Karl Urban, the guy who played Eomer in Lord of the Rings. A plot concerning retired spies/assassins getting back into it again isn't exactly new but Malkovich, Freeman, and Mirren are the ones who could make this film for me. I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed watching Freeman be badass in Wanted. Malkovich is usually interesting and ever since Being John Malkovich and especially since Burn After Reading, I believe he's discovered a better funny side. And as for Mirren, I think it'd be fun to watch an elderly British woman kick some ass as well. However, the director, Robert Schwentke isn't very reassuring since he's done movies like Flightplan (awful) and Time Traveler's Wife (heard it was awful). Still, it could be cool, and at least maybe Malkovich will be as funny as he looks in the trailer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment