There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." - Magnolia

7.6.10

Trailer: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1



OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!

Well sorta. It is pretty exciting to know there's finally a new trailer but I feel like this was hardly different than a fan made trailer with scenes from the other movies. Of course we get a little snippet of the dragon that !SPOILER! guards the vault in the Goblin bank and then John Hurt as Ollivander and Ron yelling at Harry, but not much else. I've never really been that attached to these books. I read them all in one summer and liked them (especially the last one) but I'm still a bit indifferent. I do hope they handle certain things in this one well (especially in regards to Dobby and don't hold back too much with violence and what not cuz that's what makes this one so good/intense). But books aside, have you seen the cast for this!? It's already a well known fact that literally every famous British actor currently living has been in at least one of these movies and they're added a few more now as you can see over at IMDB. I'm especially excited for Rhys Ifans as Xenophilius Lovegood who, if you did not know, played Gavin Cavanagh in Pirate Radio aka The Boat that Rocked. He was hilarious and eccentric in that movie and he should be brilliant as Mr. Lovegood. Bill Nighy (also in Pirate Radio) also makes an appearance as Rufus Scrimgeour, the new minister of magic. In all, I think I'm most excited to see how these new members of the cast fit into the Potter world.

No comments:

Post a Comment