There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." - Magnolia

30.6.10

Trailer: Paranormal Activity 2 (teaser)



So I usually don't watch horror movies or horror/thrillers (unless they're really good like Se7en) because they're usually terrible. But I was just too curious when it came to Paranormal Activity, a little film that cost $10,000 to make (probably all spent on the nice camera) and made over $100 million. I ended up really enjoying the film and found it to be quite creepy indeed and mildly disturbing. So now we have the sequel which took some battling between studios (naturally) and ended up with a random director I haven't heard of and with the original director producing. I'm a little hesitant because of this change in directing, but as long as they do their absolute best to maintain the creepy feeling without showing anything drastic or gory, I'll be happy. Still, this trailer isn't all that exciting. Sure, it looks like Katie (from the first one) is back and standing in a doorway looking creepy. But how and why? Is the demon possessing a dead body? Idk, this is one I'll have to wait on for reviews and a general consensus that it's just as good as the first and/or better before I venture to the theatre. There's been too many times when a first movie is really successful and then a big studio jumps on with intentions of millions of more dollars and doesn't give a crap if the movies good at all as long as the first few weeks are good before news gets out that it sucks. Darn those studios. Well at least it's not in 3D. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment