There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows? And we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." - Magnolia

17.6.10

Trailer: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader



Am I the only one who thinks this trailer makes the movie look like Alice in Wonderland? All the colors are so bright, there's a glowing white lady, small bouncing people, a guy unravels a scroll at the screen (exactly like the Mad Hatter did), etc. Wow, now that I actually had to list these similarities, it's WAY too similar. Besides that, ummmmm, ok? It looks just like the other two. I'll still see it, of course, because I grew up with the books. The same went for the last two. Even though I didn't like the first one very much, I saw Prince Caspian out of devotion to the series and liked it a bit more than the first, but not much. On top of that, Prince Caspian only did so-so at the box-office, falling pretty short of the first. So much so that Disney decided to let go of the project which left fans panicked wondering who, if anyone, would take it back up again. Thankfully, Fox stepped in to produce, keeping Michael Apted as director and all the original cast, etc. (Btw, I forgot Bill Nighy voices Reepicheep the mouse). And now we finally can rest assured with this trailer and the December release date. But still...I will see because of the series.....but will it really be that good? I wasn't so impressed by this trailer. But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment